The Silverthorne Urban Renewal Authority (URA) was established in 1996 by Town Council Resolution 1996-15. The Silverthorne Mayor and Town Council are the Commissioners of the URA, and the Town's Community Development Director is the Executive Director. To learn more about the Town's Urban Renewal Plan, please click here. The URA Bylaws are provided at the bottom of this page.
URA Meeting Agenda Packets (PDF Format):
BYLAWS OF THE SILVERTHORNE URBAN RENEWAL AUTHORITY
Section 1. Name. The urban renewal Authority for the Town of Silverthorne, created pursuant to Colorado Revised Statutes Part 1 of Title 31, Article 25, and established by Town of Silverthorne Resolution 1996-15, shall be known as the Silverthorne Urban Renewal Authority (hereinafter "Authority").
Board of Commissioners
Section 1. Board of Commissioners. The Silverthorne Urban Renewal Authority Commissioners shall be the members of the Silverthorne Town Council, as per Town of Silverthorne Resolution 1996-15, and pursuant to Section 31-25-115, C.R.S.
Section 1. Officers. The officers of the Authority shall be the Chair, the Vice Chair, the Secretary/Executive Director, and the Treasurer.
Section 2. Chair. The Chair of the Authority shall at all times be the Mayor of the Town of Silverthorne.
Section 3. Vice Chair. The Vice Chair of the Authority shall at all times be the Mayor pro tem of the Silverthorne Town Council.
Section 4. Secretary/Executive Director. The Secretary of the Authority shall at all times serve as the Executive Director of the Authority. The Secretary/Executive Director shall at all times be the Community Development Director of the Town of Silverthorne. The Secretary/Executive Director shall:
1. Attest to any resolutions or bylaws adopted by the Authority.
2. Shall execute all deeds, conveyances, deeds of trust, and agreements under seal of the Authority.
3. Shall be the chief executive officer of the Authority and shall exercise supervision over the business of the Authority and of those members of the Town Staff as may be assigned to Authority business.
4. Shall perform all duties which may from time to time be assigned to the Executive Director by the Board of Commissioners of the Authority.
Section 5. Clerk. The Clerk of the Authority shall at all times be the Town Clerk of the Town of Silverthorne. The Clerk shall:
1. Keep correct and complete minutes of the proceedings of the Board of Commissioners and any committees of the Authority.
2. Give all notices required by law.
3. Attest to all contracts, deeds, and other documents of the Authority.
4. Perform such other duties as directed by the Executive Director.
Section 6. Treasurer. The Treasurer of the Authority shall at all times be the Finance Director of the Town of Silverthorne. The Treasurer shall:
1. Have charge and custody of, and be responsible for, all funds and securities of the Authority.
2. Keep or cause to be kept correct and complete books and records of account.
3. Receive and give receipts for moneys due and payable to the Authority from any source whatsoever.
4. Render financial statements upon request of the Board of Directors of the Authority.
5. Sign all contracts of the Authority.
6. Perform all duties incident to the Office of Treasurer and perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director.
Section 7. General Counsel. The General Counsel of the Authority shall be employed under contract by the Authority Board. The General Counsel shall provide legal advice to the Board of Commissioners of the Authority and shall provide such other legal representation as directed by the Board of Commissioners of the Authority.
Section 1. Annual and Regular Meetings. The Annual Meeting of the Board of Commissioners of the Authority shall be held at the first meeting in each calendar year. The Board of Commissioners shall hold its meetings at such time or times as the Chairman shall determine.
Section 2. Place of Meetings. The meetings of the Board of Commissioners and any committee of the Board of Commissioners shall be held at the Silverthorne Town Hall or such other place as the Board of Commissioners shall determine.
Section 3. Notice of Meetings. Notice of meetings shall be given as required in Colorado Open Meetings Law, Revised Statutes § 24-6-401 and 402, which requires posting of the notice of the time and place of the meeting and posting of an agenda for the meeting at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to the holding of the meeting in the Silverthorne Town Hall.
Section 4. Quorum and Manner of Acting. A majority of the Board of Commissioners shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business at the annual or other regular meeting of the Board of Commissioners. The act of a majority of those Commissioners present at the meeting shall be the act of the Board of Commissioners on all matters.
Section 5. Robert’s Rules of Order. Meetings of the Board of Commissioners shall be conducted in conformity with Robert’s Rules of Order, as revised from time to time.
Adopted January 9, 2013.