The Town of Silverthorne is proud to be able to support our local non-profit organizations through a yearly grant process. Any non-profit seeking support from the Town of Silverthorne must apply through the yearly county-wide grant program. The Towns of Breckenridge, Frisco, Dillon and Silverthorne; as well as the Summit County Government, accept applications for grants once per calendar year.
The grant deadline for 2019 requests is Thursday, August 9, 2018 at 12:00 noon.
Town of Silverthorne Cash Grant Guidelines:
1. Organizations must be tax exempt under the provisions of section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
2. Projects funded must benefit the citizens of the Town of Silverthorne.
3. The Town of Silverthorne considers grant applications once per year. Requests received outside of the designated time will not be considered.
4. If you received funding in the prior year, a report of grant monies expended in that year, as well as current progress and/or final reports, along with information on the number of Silverthorne residents who benefited from the funding, must be on file in order to be eligible for funding during this cycle. Please submit as a separate document. This must be submitted prior to or with the current application.
5. Funding requests of over $5,000 will not be considered.
6. This application will be your sole source for funding requests from the Town of Silverthorne. Presentations will not be part of this process.
7. Funding decisions will be made during the regular November budget approval process. All applicants will be notified of funding decisions in December. All funding decisions by the Council will be considered final.
2019 Common Grant Application Guidelines
2019 Common Grant Application
The Grant application deadline for 2019 funding is Thursday, August 9, 2018 at 12:00 noon. The Town prefers that applications be submitted electronically, complied into one single PDF, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If this is a problem for your organization please let us know. You will receive a confirmation email within 1 business day of your application being received. If you do not receive this email, please call 970-262-7305.
In-Kind Services Guidelines: (Pavilion, Fields, Rec Center)
To submit an application for free or in-kind use of the Town Pavilion, Town-owned fields or the Silverthorne Recreation Center, the following criteria must be submitted in addition to the above documents:
1. Degree to which the event benefits the Silverthorne community and/or the public in general.
2. Non-profit status of the event proponent.
3. Established history, mission and purpose of the event proponent.
4. Degree to which the purpose of the event is consistent with and/or supportive of the goals and policies of the Town.
5. Financial ability of the event proponent to bear the normal charges and fees.
6. Degree to which the event is self-supporting through attendance fees or other sources of funding.
7. Other factors deemed relevant by Town staff in the circumstances.
All In-Kind applicants must review the In-Kind Special Guideline Sheet and submit the Organizational Summary page as the cover page of your application.
Click here for a list of nonprofit organizations that received grants and/or in-kind services from the Town of Silverthorne for the year 2018.