- One set of complete building plans
- Completed application
- A check for the plan review fee and excise tax (if applicable)
- Landlord approval, warranty deed, and/or HOA approval (if applicable)
The applicant must complete all of the boxes on the application, including:
- Street address of the project;
- Legal description of the site;
- Name, mailing address, and telephone number of the owner;
- Contractors name, mailing address, and telephone number of the general contractor.
ALL contractors and sub-contractors working in the Town of Silverthorne must obtain a current Town of Silverthorne Business License, (Business License Application) unless you are the homeowner builder (see Permit Process).
For details on submittal requirements please review our Builders Information Booklet.
This booklet has been prepared by the Town of Silverthorne Community Development Department to help guide builders through the building permit and inspection process. Becoming familiar with the procedures and requirements will minimize delays in obtaining your permits, prevent unnecessary construction delays, and allow us to more efficiently serve all builders.
The building permit application applies to residential construction, commercial construction, deck repair and/or replacement, commercial roof replacement.
Electrical permits are handled by the Summit County Building Department, please contact them directly at 970-668-3170.
Multi-family/ Commercial Building Permits: For all multi-family/commercial construction, mechanical and plumbing permits are required to be reviewed and must be applied for separately from the building permit application.
If work is being done in a leased commercial space, the landlord must provide written approval acknowledging the scope of work to be done at the time of building permit submittal.