Show/Hide

Attention voters!  We want to hear from you!  You have received a community survey in the mail seeking your input.  We've had over 200 responses thus far.  If you haven't filled out your survey yet, the deadline for you to provide your feedback is approaching.  Drop your survey in the mail by Aug 13th or drop it at Town Hall by Aug 17th.  

3/4-Time Employee Benefits

Print
Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Benefit Package For 3/4-Time Employees

The Town of Silverthorne offers an excellent comprehensive benefit package for 3/4-Time employees that includes:

Recreation Center Pass Free employee pass to the Recreation Center.
Flexible Benefit Plan A cafeteria style plan providing a variety of benefits to meet your individual needs (see additional information below).
Holidays

Paid holidays:

  • New Year's Day
  • Memorial Day
  • 4th of July
  • Labor Day
  • Thanksgiving Day
  • Christmas Day
  • Two Floating Holidays

Employees required to work one of the above actual holidays will be eligible for holiday overtime pay (paid time-and-a-half for hours worked).

ICMA 401 (a) Plan Retirement plan paid instead of Social Security.  Employee is vested 100% day one.  Employee pays 7.5%; employer pays 10.5%; for a total of 18%.  Employee selects fund allocation, which may be changed at any time.
Personal Time Vacation and sick days have been combined into what we call personal time.  3/4-employees receive 16 days per year, accrued at a rate of 4.923 hours per pay period.

 

Flexible Benefit Plan For 3/4-Time Employees

The Town of Silverthorne’s flexible-benefit-plan represents a significant contribution toward the total compensation package:

 Health Insurance  Doctor, prescription drug and hospital coverage; Cofinity network. Employees pay 20% of their health insurance cost.
 Group Life Insurance/ Accidental Death & Dismemberment Ins.  Group Life Insurance of two times the amount of annual salary and Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage. Additional life insurance is optional.
 Disability Coverage  Long-term and short-term disability provides 60% income replacement during non-work-related illness or injury.
 Dental Insurance  Coverage to help with dental and orthodontic needs.
 Vision Insurance  Coverage for eye-related needs.
 Section 125 Café Plan  Provides pre-tax reimbursements for health care and dependent care expenses.
 Fitness Reimbursement Program  Reimbursements for Silverthorne Recreation Center memberships at discounted rates, and reimbursements for fitness-related items; i.e., ski pass, bicycle, or tennis shoes.
457 Deferred Compensation   A pre-tax avenue to save money for retirement, accessible without penalty upon separation; may be rolled into a 401 or IRA plan.
 Roth IRA  A taxable avenue to save money for retirement.
 Supplemental Insurance  Accident and Cancer supplemental coverage through AFLAC.