In the event that the highway will be closed for an extended period of time, the Town has partnered with the Outlets at Silverthorne to provide parking for commercial trucks. Please see the map below for the locations of these parking lots.
Chain are required to be carried Sept. 1 to May 31
- Commercial Vehicles operating on I-70 in either direction between mileposts: Dotsero (133) and Morrison (259) must carry sufficient chains at all times to be in compliance with the Colorado chain law.
- Not Carrying Chains on I-70 $50 + $17 surcharge
- Not chaining up when the chain law is in effect statewide $500 + $79 surcharge
- Blocking a highway as a result of not chaining up $1,000 + $157 surcharge
- KYSL Radio, 93.9 FM
- Road report (Local) 970-668-1090
- Road report (State) 1-877-315-7623
- Be aware of heavy traffic volume and slick conditions.
- DO NOT PARK YOUR VEHICLE ON THE ROADWAY OR ON THE I-70 ON AND OFF RAMPS.
- Keep windows cracked if your vehicle is running for long periods of time.
- When the Highway does reopen, there are chain-up stations available. Click here to see their locations.