Qualifications to be a Silverthorne Police Officer
- Be at least 21 years of age by the date of hire.
- Have completed 60 semester credits from a regionally accredited college.
- Certified or actively working towards certification by the Colorado Peace Officer Standards and Training Board (POST).
- No Felony convictions, convictions of Domestic Violence, or other decertifying misdemeanors as outlined by Colorado POST.
- Desire to live and work in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado.
The hiring process generally progresses in the following order. We do our best to expedite this process for our benefit as well as yours:
- Initial application received and screened for minimum competencies
- Phone interview
- Invitation to Written Testing
- Invitation to Oral Board
- Conditional Offer of Employment
- Polygraph Screening
- Psychological Screening
- Drug Screening
- Medical Screening
- Complete Background Investigation
Candidates may be disqualified at any point during the hiring process. The Silverthorne Police Department will not discuss reasons why a candidate is disqualified at any point during the hiring process.
- Meet the above standards
- Have at least three years of patrol experience at the state or local level and be in good standing with their current department.
A Silverthorne Police Officer may experience one or more of the following during their career with the Silverthorne Police Department.
- Patrol Officer
- Multi-Agency Task Forces
- Bike Patrol
- DARE Officer
- DUI Enforcement
- Field Training Officer (FTO)
- Community Oriented Policing
- Regional S.W.A.T. Team Officer
- Specialty Instructor
- Ongoing Training Opportunities