Salary and Benefits

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Total Compensation

The Town of Silverthorne offers competitive benefits and an excellent starting salary. 

As an entry level police officer, your salary will be $57,842 with a top out salary of $77,122. Lateral offers may start higher than $57,842 depending on their qualifications and experience, at the discretion of the chief. 


The Town of Silverthorne offers competitive, cafeteria style benefits. An example of benefits one may choose from include:

ICMA 401 (a) Retirement plan takes place of Social Security. Employee is vested day one. Employee pays 7.5%; employer pays 10.5%; total, 18%. Fund allocations may be changed at any time.
Personal Time We have combined vacation and sick days into personal time. New employees receive 22 days per year, accrued at a rate of 6.769 hours per pay period.
Holidays 11 holidays per year, includes three floating holidays.
Flexible Benefit Plan A cafeteria-style plan providing a variety of benefits to meet your individual needs (see additional information below).
Computer Loan Program The Town provides one-year, interest-free loans to assist employees in purchasing computers.
Car Wash Employees have access to the Public Works Maintenance facility to wash their cars.
ROTH IRA & 457
Deferred Compensation
ICMA savings plans available through payroll deduction.
Wellness Program Healthy Profiles provides annual, on-site blood work, blood pressure & health risk assessment. Healthy Steps encourages employees to live a more active lifestyle.
Bonuses Exceptional performance above and beyond normal responsibilities may be rewarded financially.
Employee Assistance Program Provides counseling services for employees and their families via the Internet, phone or in person.


Flexible Benefit Plan For Full-Time Employees

The Town of Silverthorne’s flexible-benefit-plan represents a significant contribution toward the total compensation package:

Health Insurance Doctor, prescription drug and hospital coverage; Cofinity network. Employees pay 20% of their health insurance cost, but also may use a cafeteria allowance to pay nothing out of pocket for health coverage.
Group Life Insurance/ Accidental Death & Dismemberment Ins. Group Life Insurance at two times the amount of annual salary and Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage. Additional life insurance is optional.
Voluntary Life Insurance Additional life insurance coverage is available if desired
Disability Coverage Long-term and short-term disability provides 60% income replacement during non-work-related illness or injury.
Dental Insurance Coverage to help with dental and orthodontic needs.
Vision Insurance Coverage for eye-related needs.
Section 125 Café Plan Provides pre-tax reimbursements for health care and dependent care expenses.
Fitness Reimbursement Program Reimbursements for Silverthorne Recreation Center memberships at discounted rates, and reimbursements for fitness-related items; i.e., ski pass, bicycle, or tennis shoes.
Housing Purchase or Rental Assistance Programs Employees may allocate funds for the purchase of a primary residence. New-hires may allocate money for rent. Funds are considered taxable income, but as long as the employee is employed with the Town over the course of the Housing or Rental Agreement, the money is considered interest-free and no payback to the Town is required.
457 Deferred Compensation A pre-tax avenue to save money for retirement, accessible without penalty upon separation; may be rolled into a 401 or IRA plan.
Roth IRA A taxable avenue to save money for retirement.
Supplemental Insurance Accident and Cancer supplemental coverage through AFLAC.