The Town of Silverthorne provides water and sewer services for over 1,800 homes and businesses. The Revenue Administrator maintains those accounts including quarterly billing, payment processing, new account administration, establishing automatic payments, owner transfers, and customer inquiries.
Bills are issued quarterly, January, April, July and October, and are due on the last day of the month in which they are issued. Payments can be made as follows:
- Online Payment Option: Customers can now use Silverthorne's online payment option.
- Direct Payment Option: Fill out the direct payment form [PDF], attach savings or checking deposit slip or check, and mail to the following address.
- By Mail: Town of Silverthorne, PO Box 1309, Silverthorne, CO 80498. Please include stub from water/sewer bill, or write your account number on your check or money order.
- In Person: Town Hall, 601 Center Circle Drive, Silverthorne, CO. Also, you may drop your payments in the payment box at the Recreation Center, 430 Rainbow Drive in Silverthorne. Please include stub from water/sewer bill, or reference your account number on your check or money order.
How to sign up for paperless billing.
Water and Sewer quarterly flat rates are calculated as follows (Per Equivalent Residential Unit (EQR) or average household):
- Water Flat Rate: $48.72
- Sewer Flat Rate: $104.67
$1.35/EQR/QTR/1,000 gallons for 0 to 15,000 gallons consumed
$2.70/EQR/QTR/1,000 gallons for 15,001 to 30,000 gallons consumed
$4.00/EQR/QTR/1,000 gallons for 30,001 to 50,000 gallons consumed
$5.70/EQR/QTR/1,000 gallons for 50,001 and higher gallons consumed
What is an EQR? An EQR is an Equivalent Residential Unit. A single-family residence up to three bedrooms and three bathrooms is equal to one EQR. Each additional bed or bath is an additional 0.1 EQR. For example, a three bed/four bath house is 1.1 EQR and would pay the water flat rate $46.38 x 1.1 = $51.02 for water plus usage.
Water and sewer tap fees have been established so new development pays for the increased water and sewer service it requires. These fees help the Town pay for future expansion. Community Development collects these fees before issuing a building permit for new businesses or residences. They also determine the number of equivalent residential units (EQRs) a building will require. The tap fees per EQR are as follows:
- Water Tap Rate: $8,000.00
- Sewer Tap Rate: $6,600.00
For information or questions about your water and sewer billing, contact Jurgita Siebel, Administrative Assistant at (970) 262-7310 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes from the Town of Silverthorne Water & Sewer Department
- How does the Town of Silverthorne measure water usage? Every business and residence in Silverthorne has a water meter to measure the amount of water being used. The Town's Utility Department has completed the process of upgrading the radio transmitter components on the meters, allowing daily remote monitoring. By installing this system, the Town has eliminated the previous vehicle drive-by quarterly meter reading process which required two operators and a truck two days, four times a year. This system also helps the Town to alert water users with important information, such as a significant increase in usage which might indicate a water line leak.
- How does the Town respond in the event of a water leak? In the event of a water emergency, our utility crews rely on accurate contact information from property and business owners - please keep us updated of home and cell phone numbers/email, caretaker's numbers/email by emailing these details to Will Yates, Water & Sewer Operator at: email@example.com. Please use your street address as the subject line. Additionally, property and business owners should know how to shut off their water. There is a meter where the water line enters the building which has a shutoff valve on each side. This is usually located in a mechanical room, boiler room or crawl space.
For information or questions about your water or sewer service, contact Zach Margolis, Utility Manager at
(970) 262-7344 or email firstname.lastname@example.org